Monday, September 16, 2013

Magical Days

Fall is the best in Utah - the weather is perfect, and we try to be outside as much as we can. The return of a schedule helps me maximize any free time. R started kindergarten (full day), and E started preschool 3 mornings a week. I'm teaching at the U again, but it's a more low key course, so the learning curve isn't as steep. With all these changes, I'm trying to make a point to enjoy any down time I get with the kids.

Enjoying the beautiful evenings -

Picking apples:

Foil Dinners using our fire pit:


This was the night before school started:


First days of school:


I got to have a date with the older girls while Kevin stayed at home with the baby on Saturday. Part of our date included a return I had to make at the mall. We had a great time going up and down the escalators, choosing scents at Bath and Body Works for our wall flower, and just exploring other stores. They love to imitate the mannequins:

While R was at school, I got a wide open rainy day with E and Ike. We read stories and then E wanted to make homemade bread and applesauce using apples from our tree. Here's my helper:

She helped me feed Ike - one of her favorite things:

 And then we ran outside in the rain together:

She lasted a little longer in the rain than me or Ikey:

And this cute boy - we can't get enough of him. He's army crawling all over the house, pulling up on things, and refusing any baby food. He's only sad when he's tired or hungry - still a dream baby:

I got a bike for my birthday, and I am loving our family bike rides! It's even better when Kev can join:


No comments: