Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Recent Activities

Life just got a lot busier with the start of a new part time job for me (mentioned in another post). It's hard to remember what we did before this consumed my free time. Here are some of our activities at the end of the summer:

Kev's work party at Boondocks -- One of the activities: Rainey was in heaven. E wanted to get in the water.

Playing around the house (and outside) -- forts, snuggle time, puppet shows, etc.


Wheeler Farm -- Nothing gets better than mud puddles and climbing trees -- Rainey said this was the perfect climbing tree. She would climb all day long if she could. They liked this part WAY better than the animals.


Farmer's Market -- I love the whole atmosphere here. Rainey especially loves the hula hoops. This time we got to go with Aunt Becca, cousins, and Aunt Pel:


Preschool Book Club
I've started this with a couple friends who have kids close to Rainey's age and only have one other kid. It's too much for the Mom if they have more kids, especially because we do it in the afternoon. We're basing our time together off of this blog -- and the kids love it. I love it. I feel creative, even though I'm copying ideas. =) To watch the kids' faces as they get into the books we read aloud is magical. We have snacks, activities, and crafts that relate to the book(s). I've never been this organized and themed in my mothering. haha. This time we were working on a bug theme. Here's most of the crew and Rainey with her play dough bug.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like such a fun summer. Wish we could be there for some of your fun activities! I looked at that blog and it has some great ideas - thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

i LOVE the kids book club idea! I might have to steal!!!!!!!!