Monday, October 26, 2009

Such a big girl

No more high chair. And now not even a phone book!

Her very own slurpee. I can't believe I gave in, and let her have some in her own cup, but she was in heaven. I had an odd craving for one last weekend...


Last, but not least--new hair. Rainey had her first haircut! This was a big decision for me because I knew we'd lose her curls and enter a new stage... But she hates to have her hair washed or brushed. And if I put it up, she takes it out. Sadly, I couldn't go because I had to finish a project for school. It was probably a good thing because I got teary-eyed (yes, I'll admit it) when she walked through the door. I couldn't believe it! She was a different kid, not a baby anymore.

The before shot, saying good-bye to the hair as I stayed home to work:

Loved the police car (still talks about it):

Worried, but ok:

Definitely sad. She apparently cried most of the time, even with Mickey playing.

This was the face I got to see walking through the door. She was pumped to have "new hair."

And especially proud of the balloon:

6 comments:

the Sisters said...

She really is such a big girl!! I cannot believe how fast she's growing up. So beautiful, too. Her new hair is so cute. :)

Nathan said...

Holy moly. She is growing right up! It looks like both of you survived the trauma of the haircut alright...

Katie said...

She is such a mini-Leah. Love the bob! She looks darling.

Heather said...

We went to Cookie Cutters for our first hair cutting experience too. Okay, now she looks exactly like you!! So pretty!

Sheri said...

Great post Leah - I love the updates on sweet Rainey. What a darling little girl.

Payne said...

She is so darling, Pea. Sorry we keep missing each other....just talked to Sheri...we need to chat soon. :)