Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Mitchells Enter the Blogosphere


The blogging has finally begun. More than anything we expect to use this website as a place for picture-hungry relatives to see the most recent shots of Rainey. So check in periodically and we'll try to have new pictures posted for you. Every day she gets cuter and her double chin and cheeks get bigger. It's the best of all worlds.

In general, Rainey continues to be a wonderful baby. We're still trying to get her on a schedule, but she's been resistant. The good news is that she'll sleep for at least six hours a night, but we never know when it will be. The last couple nights we've tried to get her to bed at about seven, but she fights it until midnight when she's so exhausted that she finally gives in and sleeps until seven a.m. She is crazy and we love her to death.

Leah is doing well and enjoying time away from work. She spends a lot of time worrying that she's not doing a good job with the babe, which is ridiculous because she's an unbelievable mom. I'm amazed at her patience and love in the face of sometimes incessant fussing. Women are indeed the superior gender.

I'm finishing up school in a few short months and my only firm job offer is from Booz Allen. I've been in touch with many real estate developers (on both the East and West coasts) and despite talking to many interesting people, have yet to stumble upon any very solid opportunities. I have spoken to several people at AMB (a SF-based REIT that Joel brought to my attention) and received an email Friday from a guy who is launching their business in Brazil and was wondering whether or not I'd be interested in participating. I said I was, so we'll see. I personally like the idea of Brazil for a couple years. I think Leah might take a little more convincing, but she seems kind of open to it, so you never know. Maybe Rainey's first words will be "Mai" and "Pai" rather than "Mama" and "Dada." We've given ourselves a March deadline to find something other than Booz Allen. If nothing materializes by then, we'll stay in DC.

Much more to come. We know what you really want, so we'll get some good pics on here for you.

We love and miss you all.

Kev, Leah and the Rainmaker

2 comments:

Katie said...

Welcome to "The Blogosphere!" As the first to comment on this blog I'd like to take this opportunity to say that your daughter is beautiful! I can't believe how big she's getting! I look forward to many more photos of the little rainmaker.

Also, Brazil? What's that about? I think "you are confussed. (Right.)" I personally think Booz sounds great...Maybe I'm biased because I want you to live close. Keep us posted and good luck!

Lindsey said...

Kevin - so good to see that all the boys from byu 119 are still friends. i found blake's blog this morning and have linked all around. so funny - katie, jill, becky, angie, hollie and i all stay in touch, but angie and i are the only ones in the blogging world so far. congrats on your little girl - she's adorable!

~lindsey taylor maas